Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tomorrow. Am I really ready??

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I take on the Compass Church stage for the fourth time. This time I will be speaking on Exodus 16 and how God provided for the Israelites by raining down manna from Heaven. I have felt pretty prepared for a while now, but I recently have asked myself "am I really ready??" I have my outline done. I have done the preparation. I can walk through my entire 30 minute message with no problem. Why then do I feel unprepared? Why is it that I feel insecure about what I am speaking on? From the feedback I have heard from our creative team on my message they tell me it should be a very powerful and life changing service. So, again, why is it that I feel insecure about my message?

To answer that easily, I have no idea! God has placed this message on my heart for a reason, so that others can hear the gospel of Christ and respond to it. Plain and simple. These are God's words that I will be speaking tomorrow, not mine. There is no reason to be doubting, but I do anyways. Father, forgive me for doubting, and come tomorrow, allow me to be YOUR voicebox as I communicate Your word to students. May lives be changed forever and eternities altared because of what it is You have given me to say. May the honor and glory always go to You! Amen.

The way I am choosing to view this insecurity is that Satan is trying to get in and wreck my world. But the stronger I feel Satan push, the more faith I have in what God has told me. I mean, if he wants to screw me up THAT BAD, that probably means he knows my message is great and doesn't want me to preach it. Can't wait for tomorrow.

-Andy

1 comment:

  1. dude, you totally stood up and rocked it last night!! i was super proud of you. excellent job man!

    ReplyDelete