Sunday, June 14, 2009

One Week From This Wednesday

I'll be speaking again at the 706, our church's student ministry. I feel like I should be more nervous about this talk than I should but for some reason I feel like God is giving me a very calming attitude about it. Almost as if He is telling me not to worry and that everything is gonna be alright, which is strange because I have never really felt that before (coming from someone who would get nervous before EVERY cross country and track race for 6 years in a row).

I really do believe He is gonna come through, but I'm gonna be hitting the gospel pretty hard that night, so I would love to see some kids respond to that. One of the things God has spoken to me is this: if the kids don't respond, that's okay! I sometimes feel as if when an invitation is given and no one responds, then we as leaders have failed. But God has really been hitting me over the head with it lately saying if they don't respond it's okay. As long as we do our part there is nothing more we can do. At that point, it is up to Him and his power to come through for us.

For those of you who plan on being in attendance that day, read Exodus 16 (just go ahead and read the whole chapter I will be jumping around all over the chapter). I'm excited, I'm pumped, but at the same time, I am nervous and not so nervous. I know that there are people's souls (literally) at stake every time I get up on that stage to preach, but I believe that the words I speak are not gonna be my words, but the words God has placed on my heart to share with our students. Be praying big time that kids will respond to the gospel and that lives will never be the same. I can't do that, only God can. Remember, June 24th. If you are a student or a recent high school grad, be there!

-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment