Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Believing the Calling

Today was interesting. Wesley was gone to South Carolina for most of the day to spend the day with a bunch of campus pastors to talk strategy and see what works well for some church's and what doesn't. So it was me all by myself for the most part of today. Which sucks with it being a Wednesday and having youth tonight, made me kinda nervous. But Wesley believed in me and trusted I could get stuff done. I did, but I really didn't think I would. Lots of phone calls, things that needed to be finished for youth, lots of stuff for upcoming trips and camp, plus the whole set up of the building thing. Seemed kinda tough and that I might have forgotten something. Fortunately for myself, I got it all done.

One of my students in my small group brought this word of wisdom to me: "If God calls us to do something, doesn't that mean He believes we can do it??" See, God has called each of us to do specific things, each probably seem crazy and outrageous, but lucky for us, He believes we can do it. I doubt Wesley would have gone to the "campus pastor round table" if he didn't believe I could get everything done. He wouldn't have asked me if he didn't think I could do it all. Since he did, he trusted me enough to leave for most of the day. God wouldn't have called us to do what we do if He doesn't believe we can do it. If God has called you to do something, you CAN do it. If God, who created everything, tells you you can do something, well, that seems pretty convincing to me. Believe the calling.

-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment