Saturday, July 4, 2009

Blog on Blog: Pastor Steven Furtick

Okay, so while I was on vacation I missed a full week of reading Steven Furticks blog, which is actually pretty weird believe it or not seeing as I tend to read it every morning as part of my devotions, but rest assured, I caught up this morning. He posted this blog about acting in faith, thought it was great:

http://www.stevenfurtick.com/uncategorized/faith-is-substance/

I think way too often (myself included) we use prayer and faith as an excuse to not act. We say things like "I know God will come through for me in this situation" and instead of doing anything about our situation we stand hoping God will do something instead of acting in faith. Faith and hope have a lot in common, but hope is nothing without faith. We need to realize God wants us to act in faith as well as placing our hope in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment