Saturday, July 11, 2009

Currently on my mind...

Boy do I have a lot. Several things that have been consuming my thoughts. Lets dive in, shall we?

First off - Camp 2009.
If you are a high schooler that would like to go to camp (or a recent high school graduate), contact me asap (706)817-1969. We have seven spots that we absolutely have to fill, time is running out!

Second - My relationship with God
I have been finding it really hard to be motivated to stay in His word lately. This is something difficult for me to admit, but it is tough. Most of the time I just don't feel like it and usually find something "better" to do. Shame on me, but it is true. I am praying that God lights a white hot passion to constantly follow after Him every day of my life.

Third - My current relationship status
I must admit, I feel somewhat strange about posting this portion. I always feel weird whenever I say that I want a girlfriend. Not that that's a bad thing, I just feel like it comes across as needy to other people, and that isn't the case at all. I just happen to really like girls, haha. But honestly, there are many times when I just wish I had a specific someone who I could call whenever life's got me bummed. Someone who I can just go to to talk about whatever. Someone who can make me laugh every day. Someone I can make laugh everyday. It's something I long after, and honestly pray for. I know that now isn't exactly the best time to have a girlfriend, seeing as I don't have income and I would feel just absolutely awful saying "hey baby could you get the check?" For now, I just need to make due with what I got, and what God has already blessed me with (and that is, but not limited to, INCREDIBLE friends, a great family, a place to live, a soon to be vehicle with stable transportation, an internship opportunity of a lifetime, and an incredible staff at the church.)

So that's it. Prayers and comments are always appreciated.

-Andy

1 comment:

  1. dude- been meaning to write you a comment, but being in a sick haze kind of put a damper on things.

    "a white hot passion" is an awesome prayer... i need to pray that more!

    and as far as #3 goes, dude, that is totally normal. i was there just over a year ago as well, and then at the beginning of the summer i kind of gave it up and was like "well, i'm not meeting anyone at this camp, so i guess i'll just be single for another year." well, that didn't happened, and now i'm engaged!

    God's ways are so hard to understand, and it is so hard to see how he is working when you are down in the specific situation. same thing definitely goes for me, i can't see what God is doing, and i start to despair all of the time. but i know that in a year, when i look back on today, i'll marvel at the ways that God has provided for me, and everything he has done to take care of me inspite of myself. but again, i suck at remembering all of that when stuff gets me down (like being really stinking sick).

    take care man.

    ReplyDelete