Sunday, July 26, 2009

One Prayer 2009 - Perry Noble

So last week we kicked off our "God Is..." series at Compass Church. I didn't get a chance to hear Jim's sermon, but I have heard some pretty awesome feedback from it. Today, we had the honor of hearing from Pastor Perry Noble of NewSpring church in Anderson, South Carolina. I have been to NewSpring once before, and ever since I was there I have been DYING to go back! It's incredible how God is at work there (Anderson of all places!). When Jim was introducing Perry, he said "if God can do it in Anderson, just imagine what I can do in Athens!"

I think the Oconee crowd responded really well to their first view at video teaching, and I think Perry was the perfect guy to introduce it to that crowd. He had an incredible message of how God is here. He focused his three main points on the life of Jesus, the death of Jesus, and the victory of Jesus. For those of you who missed perry's message, here is the link:


Can't wait to hear from my favorite speaker next week, Steven Furtick (did I mention that there was a guy at camp on the drama team for student life the looked EXACTLY like Furtick??).

Part two of camp recap coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment