Friday, July 10, 2009

A God who Provides

Is the same God who chooses not to provide. Sorry it has been a while since I last updated, I have been a busy man. Lot's on my mind. Lot's that need to be done. Lot's of provision still to come in. Allow me to elaborate.

For the past few weeks, Wesley and myself have been working on camp 2009 (getting everything set, making phone calls, preparing for the unexpected, and ultimately, finding campers for our last few spaces). We have had two students drop out in the past week, and we now have seven available spots. That's a lot of spots seeing as we have already paid student life for the spots. At $350 a spot, the money adds up pretty quick, so Wesley and myself have both been stressing trying to find people to take those spots.

Ever since I started my internship I have been getting rides from people, getting dropped off, and getting picked up. I haven't had any other means of transportation, so you have to make due with what you got. I was recently informed that Paul Sims spare car is now available for me to use, and I will be able to use this as my new means of transportation. GOD PROVIDED!

After this happened, it hit me: the same God who provides can also choose not to provide. It's all up to Him whether He provides or not. As far as the camp spots are concerned, I still believe he is going to provide us with the appropriate number of students to fill those spots up. We need to remember that He may not choose to provide for us, and that will probably mean a difficult time, but we need to remember, His Son went through something WAY worse than whatever it is we are going through. Trust God, pray for provision, and walk in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment