Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saying Goodbye...

Tonight was my last night of work at chick-fil-a. To those of you who do not know, I turned in my two weeks notice a while back in order to pursue a greater calling. I was contacted by our student pastor, wesley odum, about a month ago about coming on church staff as an intern. Without question I told him "absolutely!" This has been something that God had laid on my heart that I would do that if I was ever asked to do something like this, I would say yes, so I did. Tonight was my last night of work. It was quite the weird moment, but I'm actually quite sad to say goodbye. 

Now, scripture reference time! Read this:

It's kinda weird to me that an angel would say this to the disciples after witnessing what they saw. I mean, Jesus just freakin rose into heaven! If I were them, I would be staring too! But I think the angel had to remind them the urgency of what was going on. They had no time to spare as far as spreading the gospel and they had a world to reach for Christ. No time could have been wasted!

I kinda had that moment tonight. As I was leaving work for the last time, I couldn't help but stare and reflect on what had gone on the past year or so I had worked there. Lot's of good memories, but I must remind myself, don't stand looking for too long, I have a new mission now. The way I am choosing to view my quitting of this job is that I am leaving something good for something great. I have a new mission now, time of reflection is over, we have a world to reach, Let's get to it!

-andy

No comments:

Post a Comment