Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Something Cool

Lately I have been doubting my abilites to complete the calling God has placed on my life. I take a look around at the tough conversations that Wesley has to have and it scares me knowing that I will be in that situation eventually. I call out to God telling Him that I don't know if I can do what it is He has called me to do.

Tonight, I got to talk to a lovely young lady by the name of Ashley Evans. I don't know Ashley extremely well like I do some of the other leaders, but she is a SOLID leader! From the few conversations I have had with her, she is an incredible person. Ashley approached me today after youth and wanted to talk to me. She could tell I have a lot on my plate and how stressed out I seem to be at youth (I always want to make sure everything runs as smoothly as it possibly can) and that I have been too hard on myself (which is true, don't get me wrong). But then she said something to me that brought me to tears. She looked me dead in the eyes and with the most sincere voice said "There is something special about you. God wanted me to tell you that He has some big plans for you and that you need to hang in there."

Wow.

That ministered to me SOOOO much! More than she probably knows it did. God, help me to stay faithful to the calling you have laid on my heart!

1 comment:

  1. That doubt comes from demons Andy and they wouldn't attack you if you weren't meant for great things. Remember, the prescription for your pain is PRAISE! Go back and listen to those podcasts that really touched you or inspired you, they'll refresh/renew you.

    ReplyDelete