Monday, August 10, 2009

A New School Year

Man, this is one post I wasn't looking forward to at all simply based on the title. It's not that I don't like moving forward with my life, but I feel like I am dreading this year more than any other year in years past. And maybe that's something that will happen EVERY year until I graduate, who knows. But for now, I am just sick of school. And I mean it. I don't want to go back to school every day doing the same thing I have for the past 15 or so years of my life. It's become so routine for me and I am ready to just move on to something else. All I have ever known my entire life is school and I am ready for change.

Unfortunately for me, the bills have already been paid for my tuition, classes have been signed up for for months, and at this point I see absolutely no good sense in not going to school simply because I don't feel like it. I am honestly considering taking a year off next year, but that is something that needs serious prayer and consideration. I think a year off would be good for me. But when I completely surrendured my life to Christ I have made it the prayer of my heart to go WHEREVER he tells me to go. If he tells me to take a year off, I will absolutely take a year off. If he tells me to stay in school next year, then I will stay in school!

I need to remember that prayer and not give into my selfish desires. Trust me, there is nothing else in this world I would rather do than to take a year off and just work and live on my own. But unless God tells me that's what He wants out of me, I'm gonna stick with school. Pray for me, cause school sucks. Especially when you don't care about most of the stuff you are learning at this point.

2 comments:

  1. pray that God gives you the strength to DOMINATE each and every day... because if you don't dominate, you are going to get DOMINATED man. that's the way i have felt with work these past 8 months... and now i am getting super pumped for a change, and that change is getting back in school! wow, when i graduated i never knew i would feel this excited about college.

    but by 2nd semester i'll probably be sick of it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like Wesley said many times, you have a built in mission field, don't look at it as School look at it as the front lines of the battlefield. You have a chance to do what your asking the students to do. Take that same faith that you have in them and place it in yourself. I know you can do it Andy.

    Brandon

    ReplyDelete