Wednesday, September 16, 2009

God is...Lord

So last wednesday I got a chance to speak to the 706 on who God isn't in our lives, so I got to speak a message entitled God isn't Santa Claus and tell about how a lot of times we live our lives as if God is Santa Claus (for instance, the majority of our prayers will turn into "Christmas List's" that we send up to God every night and if we are a good boy or girl He will give us whatever we want).

But this got me thinking. Who is God to me? I gave an entire sermon on who God isn't, but who is He to me? What is the ONE characteristic of Him that resignates with me? I thought about it, and here is what I came up with.

God is Lord. The end. Period.

Here is why this is so huge to me and why I think it should be huge to you too: no matter how bad things get, no matter how difficult things might seem at times, no matter where you are at in your life right now, God still reigns. He is still on the throne and He will be there for ETERNITY! That should pump us up! The mere thought of it is inspiring and uplifting! He wins! The end!

It just hit me, when we start thinking "kingdom minded" all of our "problems" seem SO much smaller in the grand scheme of things. We need to remember who is on the throne and how THAT is the God we serve! He loves us and He will NEVER leave us or forsake us. God IS Lord!

-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment